recent posts

Quick and Easy Beef Stew Recipes

With the cold weather facing us, I know you're thinking of what new, easy meals you can prepare for your family! And if you're like most of us, time is of the essence!
I come from Boston, and beef stew was always a cold weather mainstay in our home growing up. The problem, however, was that it never came out the same way twice! Even with a standard handed-down-for-generations recipe, my mother could never get it to come out right consistently.
Years later I had the same recipe, and encountered the same problem. I could never figure out what was going wrong, but loving beef stew the way I did, I was bound and determined to find solutions to being able to whip up a delectable stew that was perfect every time I made it.
The major issue was always the broth and its seasonings. I figured if I could replace the typical "water, flour and fat drippings" with something that was totally fail-safe, I'd be good to go! So that's exactly what I did!
Try these two recipes for yourself and I guarantee you won't be fussing and fuming with homemade broth again!
NOTE: When purchasing stew beef over the years I have noticed that different stores have a few different ways of packaging the meat. Some of the stores prefer selling the cubes in huge chunks that will need to be cut up when you get home, and other stores already have cut the cubes into the appropriate size for simply placing into the crock pot immediately without any further prep work needed.
Also be careful of how you treat the fat content. In order for any meat to really taste good, you need fat. Don't go crazy cutting off all the fat... let it be! Cut off any grizzle you see, but leave the fat.
Beef Stew with Mushrooms
· 2 - 3 pounds of stew beef. (Don't buy the lean beef... you do need a bit of fat just for the flavor)
· 1 family size can of condensed mushroom soup (I've even used store brands and they are quite acceptable)
· Add to slow cooker. Cook for four hours on low. If possible, stir it a few times.
I typically don't add anything else because my family loves this served over mashed potatoes with a side of either a salad or vegetables, but you can adjust any additional ingredients to suit your family's preferences.
Tomato Based Beef Stew
· 2 - 3 pounds of stew beef. (Don't buy the lean beef... you do need a bit of fat just for the flavor)
· 1 family size can of condensed tomato soup (Again, I've even used store brands and they are quite acceptable)
· 1 envelope of instant onion soup
· ½ cup water
· Add to slow cooker. Cook for four hours on low. If possible, stir it a few times.
· About ½ hour before it's done, add a few cans of vegetables. I add peas, carrots, string beans and a can of sliced potatoes. You can add whatever you like best.
Quick and Easy Beef Stew Recipes Quick and Easy Beef Stew Recipes Reviewed by Unknown on 4:21 ص Rating: 5

ليست هناك تعليقات: